Reply To: Version 4.1.42

Home Forums News Version 4.1.42 Reply To: Version 4.1.42

Keith
Keymaster

There is an updated version 4.1.42 for Windows users; there is no change for Linux/SunOS from 4.1.41.

This is because the Windows version has been updated to using the VS 2010 C++ compiler, and a few minor problems were encountered with this move. In particular the Qt dll's had to be all recompiled for bothe x86 and x64 versions, as Qt do not (yet) support VS 2010 directly. Qt 4.7.2 does compile OK for both 32 and 64 bit versions and (thanks to depends.exe for a bit of debugging some runtime library issues) everything seems fine now. But if you see any problems, please let me know.

Is VS 2010 any better than VS 2008? Well its too early to say, but Intellisense *does* seem better and more responsive. I don't know why they bothered to redesign the GUI though, there was nothing wrong with 2008. As for compilation speed, setting /MP (multiprocessor compilation) is definitely wizzo on 8 cores.

The Qt add-in to VS still seems to have the stupid bug that some moc files get marked as 'excluded from build'. If anyone else has encountered this and knows of a fix, I'd like to know.