Could we also a non-shared library version

Home Forums Installation Could we also a non-shared library version

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    eskiyerli
    Participant

Hi Keith,
    Is it possible to have non-shared version of Glade as well? I am using manjaro, this is a nightmare with incompatible library versions.

eskiyerli
    Participant

I solved by finding an old version of the library and installing it. Nevertheless, I think Glade package should include all the libraries. Neither Redhat(CentOS) nor SuSe has much adoption in desktop Linux nowadays.

Keith
    Keymaster

But Glade does come with all the shared libs it needs, for the OS version it is compiled for, as a ‘ldd glade’ should show. Of course some other applications may need their own versions of the Qt libs, so setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the glade_linux64_**/lib dir will cause problems for them, but as Glade finds its required libraries using rpath, you don’t need to set that env var for Glade.

In terms of download popularity, CentOS is equal to Ubuntu in numbers. And both are 10x less than the number of Windows 64 bit downloads…

eskiyerli
    Participant

Point taken. The problem was with ICU library. I checked it but couldn’t see it in Glade. Thankfully, Arch Linux had it in user repository. I didn’t have much time but pylabel is working on Windows but not in Linux

eskiyerli
    Participant

On the other hand, serious EDA has never taken off in Windows. There must be a reason. Usually, any CentOS binaries work on Manjaro without many problems. I even had Synopsys Custom Designer working on Manjaro for two years. Even Windows is a rolling distro now:)

On a more serious note, Python 2 is now past its natural life. It is becoming increasingly difficult to find modules to be used with it.

eskiyerli
    Participant

I think I know why pyLabel is not working for Redhat8 binaries. They are still 4.7.40 binaries. I cannot add the screenshot but it says it is 4.7.40 compiled on July 9
    Windows binary is correct version:4.7.41 on July 10.

Keith
    Keymaster

libICU is required by Qt for Unicode support.

The CentOS8 build had failed alas, it has now been fixed.

eskiyerli
    Participant

Hi Keith,

Glade5 RedHat8 download link is broken.

Regards,

Murat

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.