Version 4.1.42

Home Forums News Version 4.1.42

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Keith
    Keymaster

There is an updated version 4.1.42 for Windows users; there is no change for Linux/SunOS from 4.1.41.

This is because the Windows version has been updated to using the VS 2010 C++ compiler, and a few minor problems were encountered with this move. In particular the Qt dll's had to be all recompiled for bothe x86 and x64 versions, as Qt do not (yet) support VS 2010 directly. Qt 4.7.2 does compile OK for both 32 and 64 bit versions and (thanks to depends.exe for a bit of debugging some runtime library issues) everything seems fine now. But if you see any problems, please let me know.

Is VS 2010 any better than VS 2008? Well its too early to say, but Intellisense *does* seem better and more responsive. I don't know why they bothered to redesign the GUI though, there was nothing wrong with 2008. As for compilation speed, setting /MP (multiprocessor compilation) is definitely wizzo on 8 cores.

The Qt add-in to VS still seems to have the stupid bug that some moc files get marked as 'excluded from build'. If anyone else has encountered this and knows of a fix, I'd like to know.

Keith
    Keymaster

There is an updated version 4.1.42 for Windows users; there is no change for Linux/SunOS from 4.1.41.

This is because the Windows version has been updated to using the VS 2010 C++ compiler, and a few minor problems were encountered with this move. In particular the Qt dll's had to be all recompiled for bothe x86 and x64 versions, as Qt do not (yet) support VS 2010 directly. Qt 4.7.2 does compile OK for both 32 and 64 bit versions and (thanks to depends.exe for a bit of debugging some runtime library issues) everything seems fine now. But if you see any problems, please let me know.

Is VS 2010 any better than VS 2008? Well its too early to say, but Intellisense *does* seem better and more responsive. I don't know why they bothered to redesign the GUI though, there was nothing wrong with 2008. As for compilation speed, setting /MP (multiprocessor compilation) is definitely wizzo on 8 cores.

The Qt add-in to VS still seems to have the stupid bug that some moc files get marked as 'excluded from build'. If anyone else has encountered this and knows of a fix, I'd like to know.

fixrouter4400
    Participant

Hi Admin,

I've encounter the same error the last working version I've got is win32_4.1.39.
    I installed win32_4.1.43 latest one and copy all Qt's dll files from 4.1.39 and overwrite them and now it seem that my 4.1.43 version is working normally…not fully tested though.

Hope this add my 5 cent knowledge.

Cheers,

fixrouter

Keith
    Keymaster

Sorry, not sure I understodd that. Did you get an error when you tried to run 4.1.43 initially? Can you say what the error was?

thanks

Keith

fixrouter4400
    Participant

Hi Keith,

Yes I did get an error saying that "QtOpenGL4 dll is either not designed to run Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system admin or software vendor."

What I did was I copied the Qt dll files from previous version 4.1.39 and overwrite the Qt dll in version 4.1.43 and it works.

Hope I explain myself clear now.

Cheers,

fixrouter

Keith
    Keymaster

Hi fixrouter4400, thanks for this info, it turns out that the Qt DLL's in the 32 bit version were actually the 64 bit ones, hence why it would not run.

I've updated the DLLs to the correct ones now and re-uploaded both the 32 and 64 bit windows builds just to be safe.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.