Installing Glade on Windows

Home Forums Installation Installing Glade on Windows

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    filebravo
    Participant

This is the line I get in the log file

# Python version 2.7.4 (default, Apr 6 2013, 19:54:46) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] for win32

Thank you so much for your effort supporting me.

Keith
    Keymaster

That looks fine. It's not the version I ship by default (have not updated to 2.7.4 yet) but it will work. I guess you must have previously installed Python on your system at some stage, or maybe some other app that installs a python dll.

filebravo
    Participant

Yes, I have different version of Python already installed on my machines.

Keith
    Keymaster

I've updated the Windows versions of Glade to Python 2.7.4. The DLL's supplied in the distribution have been meticulously checked that they are correct i.e. the 32 bit Glade is supplied with a 32 bit python27.dll and the 64 bit Glade is supplied with a 64 bit DLL.

If you install Python on windows from http://www.python.org, be aware that their Windows installer is broken, at least if you're running Windows 7 with a 64 bit cpu:

1. If you install the x86 (32 bit) version it puts a 32 bit python27.dll into C:windowssystem32 (wrong!) and C:windowssyswow64 (correct)

2. If you try and install the x64 (64 bit) version to a seperate location, it does not change any existing DLLs from step 1, and even if you delete the DLLs it does not install the 64 bit DLL in C:windowssystem32.

3. If you uninstall python from your system, delete any python27.dll files, and then install the x64 version of Python it seems to get it right. But then installing the 32 bit version does not install any 32 bit DLLs, aargh!

Keith
    Keymaster

BTW you *must* have a Python installation on your Windows machine in order for Python to find necessary library files. As above you can download Python 2.7.4 from http://www.python.org.

Your PYTHONPATH environment variable on Windows should look something like this:

C:Python27-x86Lib;C:Python27-x86libs;C:Python27-x86DLLs;%GLADE_HOME%

Keith
    Keymaster

On Windows (64 bit), PCs with Dell's Backup and Recovery software causes a crash on Qt5 applications (such as Glade).

See http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3526/t/19634253 for more details.

The only solution is to uninstall the Dell Backup and Recovery software until Dell can fix the problem.

yuejeff348
    Participant

Hi, I am new to Glade. I am using Windows 11, and I have followed the Readme.txt to install Glade as well as set the environment variables and path for GLADE_HOME. However, after clicking the glade.exe, the application still does not start up.

Can anybody advise? Thank you.

Keith
    Keymaster

Sorry not seen this till now. You need to give more info – is there any logfile produced? Any windows popups appear? Have you run the VC redistributable to install the runtime libraries?

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.