Installing Glade on Windows

Home Forums Installation Installing Glade on Windows

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Keith
    Keymaster

First download from:

https://www.peardrop.co.uk/downloadfiles/glade5_win32.zip (32 bit, Python 3.8)
    https://www.peardrop.co.uk/downloadfiles/glade5_win64.zip (64 bit, Python 3.8)

or

https://www.peardrop.co.uk/downloadfiles/glade4_win32.zip (32 bit, Python 2.7)
    https://www.peardrop.co.uk/downloadfiles/glade4_win64.zip (64 bit, Python 2.7)

Unzip the file to a directory on your PC, then follow the instructions in the README.txt file.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Keith.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Keith.
    mdill
    Participant

Has anyone else had an issue with being unable to un-zip the 4.1.7 version ?
    I get a file is invalid message from windows.

Thanks Mike D.

Keith
    Keymaster

Works fine for me. Maybe your download was corrupted?

mdill
    Participant

Thanks, My Explorer must have had a corrupt cached version, downloaded a few times with the same problem, cleared Explorer history and it downloaded without issue.
    User error :)

Thanks Mike D.

anandkrishpv
    Participant

i am having issue with import of ui module. Glade is showing the following message whenever i am opening it.
    >>
    # WARNING: Failed to import ui module – please check your PYTHONPATH!
    # WARNING: PYTHONPATH is currently : D:glade4_win32
    >>
    I tried setting the environment variable PYTHONPATH to %GLADE_HOME% as told in the README.txt file but still the above message is coming up.
    Glade version is 4.2.7 compiled on May 25 2012.

How can i fix it??

Keith
    Keymaster

Few things:

1) I assume you installed Glade at D:glade4_win32 and set the environment variable %GLADE_HOME% to this dir, and %PYTHONPATH% so the same dir.

2) Do you have write permission to this directory? Is there the ui.py file in this directory, and is it readable?

3) Check that you are not running one version of Glade and pointing PYTHONPATH at another version of the ui.py file. This will also give the error you see.

Also I'd recommend downloading the latest 4.3.1 build, as there were a few issues with 4.2.7/4.3.0.

regards

Keith

anandkrishpv
    Participant

–>Point (1) was right. I did exactly the same thing.

–>Full control was set to the drive in which installed glade and ui.py is present in this directory which is in readable format.

–>Deleted all other versions of glade present.

Still the error is coming in windows.
    By the way i switched to glade 4.3.1 as suggested. The same problem is present in this version also.
    Am i doing something wrong in setting the environment variables??

Regards,
    Anand

Keith
    Keymaster

Hard to say without further info. Make sure you delete any .pyc files from the installation, in case they are from a previous version. Or try installing in a different directory.

anandkrishpv
    Participant

Tried installing in different directory also without any luck. Still the same error showing up.

One more thing is that whenever i am closing Glade application "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library " window is popping up showing "Runtime error".

Keith
    Keymaster

Ah, I have located the problem. The win32 version was missing the file 'types.py' (it is present in the win64 version). Without that, or a valid Python installation on your PC with 'types.py' in your PYTHONPATH, import ui failed.

I have fixed the distribution win32 version and uploaded it to the website.

anandkrishpv
    Participant

Yes. That was it i guess.

But have a new problem now. Software is crashing after around 10 seconds. I need not do anything for the app to crash.

Keith
    Keymaster

Log files? Crash dumps?

I find it hard to fix some bugs as i'm not telepathic! ;)

anandkrishpv
    Participant

hehe.. ;)..

No files are getting created after crash i guess.

Keith
    Keymaster

Well, with the latest build on a vanilla Windows 7 32 bit laptop, I get no crash. You did install the VC++ runtime DLLs? Although I wouln't expect it to even load without them.

anandkrishpv
    Participant

i ran the file vcredist_x86 before starting installation although i had VC++ installed in my system. This should install VC++ runtime DLLs right??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.