Cadence techfile reading issues

Home Forums News Cadence techfile reading issues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Keith
    Keymaster

I've heard from a couple of people about problems reading Cadence display.drf files leading to crashes, due to the fact the parser fails to identify layers/stipples/packets in the file.

Unfortunately all the examples I have work fine, so if you hit a crash importing a Cadence display file / techfile, let me know, and if you can send an example display.drf which fails to read the layer info, that would help (they do not contain any design or process data btw).

Keith
    Keymaster

I've heard from a couple of people about problems reading Cadence display.drf files leading to crashes, due to the fact the parser fails to identify layers/stipples/packets in the file.

Unfortunately all the examples I have work fine, so if you hit a crash importing a Cadence display file / techfile, let me know, and if you can send an example display.drf which fails to read the layer info, that would help (they do not contain any design or process data btw).

KPWalker
    Participant

Hi, I saw a similar issue with a Cadence PDK I received recently. The crash seems to be caused by the techDisplays section of the .tf rather than the .drf itself (which read in OK).

techDisplays(
    ;( LayerName Purpose Packet Vis Sel Con2ChgLy DrgEnbl Valid )
    ;(

— —

)
    ( L1 P1 L1_P1 t t nil t t )
    ( L1 P2 L1_P2 t t nil t t )
    ( L2 P1 L2_P1 t t nil t t )
    ( L2 P3 L2_P3 t t nil t t )
    ( …

) ;techDisplays

When I edited the .tf and removed the 'Packet' column it no longer crashed Glade 4.1.7 although it didn't seem to work as a tech file.

It may be a different issue or just a symptom but…

Rgds,

Keith W.

Keith
    Keymaster

Hmm, thanks. That seems perfectly legal techDisplays() syntax and should parse OK – and if the packet name was not read in the display.drf, will give an error message.

What I've seen is that the display.drf gets parsed, but identifies no colors/stipples/linestyles etc – it normally prints the number if finds – and then of course when the techfile is parsed it will fail as none of the layer/purpose pair info from the display.drf was ever read.

Just removing the packet field as you mention will cause problems later when the techfile is read…

– Keith S.

KPWalker
    Participant

Hi Keith,

I've just found the issue in my case – there are blank lines between each of the stipple definitions in my Cadence display.drf and according to the message window the Glade parser only sees one stipple definition (presumably the first). Now I've manually deleted these blank lines from the .drf Glade 4.1.7 reads it (and the .tf) just fine.

I guess Python isn't quite the same Skill!

Cheers,

Keith W.

Keith
    Keymaster

It's a trivial fix to ignore blank lines; it will be in the next release. Thanks for reporting it!

– Keith S

Keith
    Keymaster

4.3.24 has this fix now, plus several other bugfixes. It's currently available on win32/win64 and mac64; linux builds will follow in due course.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.