Numerical format problem

Home Forums Installation Numerical format problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dgvic
    Participant

Hi all,
    I have installed glade in linux mint 18 and 17.1, and in both versions I have the same problem. Glade doesn't seem to recognize the '.' as the separator for the decimal part; it recognizes the ',' character.

Since I am in Spain, I am working with the Spanish keyboard layout, but I have setup the OS so that the numerical format recognizes '.' as the decimal separator character. Other applications, such as OpenOffice, work fine and recognize the '.' character.

This is a problem when I load the example.tch file that comes with glade because any of the numerical values inside the file is properly read.

Does anyone has a similar problem? Is this configurable in any way from glade?

Thanks and regards

dgvic
    Participant

Hi all,
    I have installed glade in linux mint 18 and 17.1, and in both versions I have the same problem. Glade doesn't seem to recognize the '.' as the separator for the decimal part; it recognizes the ',' character.

Since I am in Spain, I am working with the Spanish keyboard layout, but I have setup the OS so that the numerical format recognizes '.' as the decimal separator character. Other applications, such as OpenOffice, work fine and recognize the '.' character.

This is a problem when I load the example.tch file that comes with glade because any of the numerical values inside the file is properly read.

Does anyone has a similar problem? Is this configurable in any way from glade?

Thanks and regards

Keith
    Keymaster

Try setting:

export LC_ALL=C

before running Glade, as a temporary workaround.

For some reason the locale default is not set, which is a bit odd, as I fixed this for a similar problem about a year ago. I can only assume the fix was not properly checked in… I'll try and put this in the 4.5.17 release.

dgvic
    Participant

Hi,
    the problem seems to be solved with this workaround.

Thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.