windows 7 support

Home Forums Installation windows 7 support

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    kkaiser
    Participant

I had glade up and running in windows vista 64-bit but now that I upgraded my workstation to windows 7 64-bit glade does not come up.

I know that the current version is only tested on XP and Vista. I was just wondering if someone has been able to run on their win 7 os.

kkaiser
    Participant

I had glade up and running in windows vista 64-bit but now that I upgraded my workstation to windows 7 64-bit glade does not come up.

I know that the current version is only tested on XP and Vista. I was just wondering if someone has been able to run on their win 7 os.

Keith
    Keymaster

The Windows version is currently supported on 32 bit, not 64. Sorry.

kkaiser
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification. Are there any plans for 64-bit support? Isn't the majority of Windows 7 users on 64-bit versions. Particular the IC design community?

Keith
    Keymaster

In theory this should be possible as VC++ supports cross-compilation to x64. I don't have a 64 bit windows platform to test on, though.

kkaiser
    Participant

I am more than happy to test it if you can provide the build.

Keith
    Keymaster

I will take a look. It will require building a 64 bit version of Qt, as Trolltech don't ship a prebuilt 64 bit version as far as I'm aware.

Keith
    Keymaster

After a few false starts the Qt library is building using the VC2008 cross compiler… so it looks possible.

Keith
    Keymaster

OK I may need some help to get this thing linked – Glade needs the ActiveState python library for the linker. However, the 64 bit version uses the 64 bit Windows Installer, which of course won't run on a 32 bit machine…

If you can download the 64 bit version of python (which you will want anyhow), unpack it and send me the following files (zipped):

python26.lib
    python26.dll

then I should be able to build the 64 bit executable.

kkaiser
    Participant

I cannot find the DLL in the version 2.6.5 install. I have attached the compressed install folder and the LIB file. I hope that resolves the problem, else let me know.

Keith
    Keymaster

Hi, it doesn't look like the attachment worked. How big is the file – can you email it? Send to support@peardrop.co.uk, thanks.

Edit: I have changed the limit for attachment file sizes – it was 200Kb only before.

For the python26.dll, try looking in C:windowssystem32 (or the equivalent for 64 bit windows).

Keith
    Keymaster

Just a short note that Glade is now developed and tested on Windows 7, 64 bit version.

It's also occasionally tested on Windows XP (but not the 64 bit version).

Porting to other platforms is done using VMware Workstation.

riyaz058
    Participant

Hi Keith,

I tried to install glade on Windows 7 64bit machine but I'm getting the following error.
    Initially it asked for some missing dll files which we added to relevant system folders after which its giving us the error as
    "The application was unable to start correctly(0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application"

Thanks,
    Riyaz

Keith
    Keymaster

The build for Windows has been updated to the latest v141 C runtime libraries. Please run the vcredist executable to install them.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.